Wednesday, January 18, 2012

New to this blog thing...

Ok, here it goes...
I'm new to this "blogging" thing.  But, it's a new year and I've started a whole list of new things...so why not add "blogging" to that, right?

My sister-in-law (who also has a great blog you should follow, called "a blossoming day" suggested I start a blog for my new photography endeavor.
Speaking of photography endeavor...as most of you know, I recently stepped way out of my comfort zone and decided to make one of my dreams (and goals) a reality...after the encouragement of my amazing husband, family and some dear friends. Not to mention, I had a mentor that is A-mazing with a capital A.  You should check out her work...http://www.diamondkphotography.com/.  She truly is a great person and encourager. 

God has really shown me lately to trust Him.  I've been so worried about what people would say about my work (and yes, I have a lot to learn) that I let that get in the way of trusting what God had in store for me because of my fears.

~Proverbs 3:5 says "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and do not lean on your own understanding.  In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your paths straight"...

So, I am trusting God in this adventure and having fun and meeting great, new people while doing what I enjoy. 

Here are a few pictures from the session that jump started this whole thing!  This is my nephew and his fiance...they are ADORABLE!!  Thanks for letting me share them with you.




Thanks for checking out my new blog.  Here's to new adventures and blessings in 2012!!

5 comments:

  1. Welcome to blogging! I'm proud of you. You spoke from the heart and drew me in immediately. I know God has great plans for you. I can't wait to see what 2012 holds for you and your family (which is also my family). :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Pam. That means a lot!! I was so scared to dive into this too, but I know God has plans for me and part of me getting to those plans include me wholeheartedly trusting Him. Even in something as small as this. I can't wait either to see what 2012 has in store for us...great things, I know! God is so good!!!

      Delete
  2. I love it Sonja! You are doing a wonderful job and I am thinking of hiring you soon for some family pictures. Keep up the blogging because it gets easier each day, as you get comfortable with it! Love you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to go, Sonja! Keep trusting God and going after the dreams He has placed in your heart!! I am excited for you, and I can't wait to see what this step of faith is going to open up for you!!

    Jane McNaughton

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful pictures, Sonja! So happy to see you venture out into something new! :)

    ReplyDelete