Sunday, January 22, 2012

Shug, Pawpaw, Bobby...

I'd like you to meet Bobby, my father-in-law. He's also known as Shug (pronounced Shoog) & Pawpaw (by his grand kids).

He is the Patriarch of our Dodd brood. He helped raise six kids...three girls and three boys. One of those boys happens to be my hubby. Bobby and Nelda raised their kids to be godly adults who in turn are raising their children to be godly, responsible people. This scripture comes to mind when I think of them and the family they've made...

~Train up a child in the way he should go, and even when he is old he will not depart from it.
Proverbs 22:6

I took this picture recently of Pawpaw at a family get together where he dedicated one of his great-grandchildren. The scripture really is fitting...

Now on a funny note:
(based on a true story)

Pawpaw recently picked my daughter & niece & nephews up from school. The kids went outside to play. After a bit he went outside to check on them. As he stepped off the porch he noticed all but one of the kids on top of a scaffolding. The other one was climbing down off the ROOF of the house! After a near heart attack, he made all the kids come in and start their homework until we came to pick them up. Jordyn (my youngest) came home saying, "Pawpaw is a cool babysitter"...I wonder why?!?!

No comments:

Post a Comment